About B T Words
- Studied English Language & Culture in Groningen (the Netherlands), with a minor in Writing, Editing and Mediating and extra courses in Frisian
- Worked for 4.5 years at a large international translation agency in the Netherlands
- Independent translator English, Dutch and Frisian since 2016
By 2016 it had become time for me to start out on my own. Since then, I have been able to focus on what I love doing most: offering creative translations that help businesses to grow. This includes online campaigns for shoes and clothing, help texts for one of the biggest technology companies in the world, and articles on photography. I also regularly write copy for a major travel client, I’m responsible for the Dutch style guide and glossary for a large sports brand, and I test translations for websites before they go live. Whether it’s a TV manual or marketing texts for a fashion website, every day is different.
- Loves to travel abroad, including to Ireland, Canada and Italy
- Passionate about sports, especially football
- Interested in arts and history, from the ancient Romans to the Second World War
- Can work well both independently and in a team
‘B T Words’ — what does it stand for? The first part of the name comes from the initials of my first names: Baukje Tetsje. The W of ‘Words’ is also the first letter of my last name. It’s my way of linking the Frisian and Dutch roots of my name with the international market I focus on. Because nowadays even a minor language can be a world language.